Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Making Every Moment Magical

I am an avid Disney fan.  My vision of organizational leadership is heavily influenced by the experience the Disney brand creates for their customers across every touch-point in the organization.

I have so many fond memories of Walt Disney World as a child.  My eyes were opened to a whole new world of fantasy and adventure.  My imagination ran wild with ideas and possibilities.  Now, I am able to relive those moments through the eyes of my own children when they meet Disney characters or see the spectacular fireworks displays.

I admire how Disney paves the way for innovation.  Disney is never comfortable with the status quo and they continue to push the limits of what can be done.  Time after time, Disney invents new experiences that create richer and more memorable experiences.  Some innovations are as simple as a fast-pass lane, while others are as complicated as a GPS wristband that acts as a room key, fast-pass, and photo pass.  Walt Disney continues to blaze a path millions of people have traveled by living a simple but profound mantra, “If you can dream it, you can do it!”

What excites me the most about the Disney Company is their unparalleled commitment to customer service.  The Company offers world-class service through every facet of the organization.  Whether you call on the phone, chat online, or interact with the cast member in person, you are always treated as a priority and afforded dignity and respect.  Each cast member is charged with making every moment magical.


While fresh off of my most recent visit to Walt Disney World, I can’t help but make connections between Disney and my vision for organizational leadership.  I desire to make every moment magical.  I strive to open the eyes of our students to a whole new world through dynamic and exciting experiences.  I always strive to foster innovation but not just for the mere sake of innovation.  I seek to innovate in order to provide world-class customer service by meeting the needs and exceeding the expectations of my students, families, and fellow colleagues.  As a former Disney executive, Lee Cockerell explains, “It’s not the magic that makes it work, it’s the way we work that makes magic.”  I hope to embody this phrase for my customers daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment